Monday, November 14, 2011

Michael Buble.

Yes, I went there.

So he is slowly becoming one of my SUPER GUILTY guilty pleasures. I heard "Haven't Met You Yet" (GO AND CHECK IT OUT!!!!! BETTER YET, I'LL POST IT) and instantaneously (big words FTW!) wanted to own it. So, I work at a library, so when I was shelving I picked up his CD Crazy Love, the one with THE AWESOMELY AMAZING GUILTY PLEASURE "Haven't Met You Yet" on it. And haven't stopped listening to this CD since.

My life has been crazy lately. There's been work and GED-studying and a new baby little sister and boyfriend troubles and more work and too many books and I just don't have a whole lot of time to post. And when I'm not super busy, I'm feeling down. I was feeling down before I started listening to this CD. There's just no feeling down with Michael Buble. So I apologize for the not-posting, but blame life. So now I'm going to post a little mini review of Crazy Love.

Artist: Michael Buble
CD title: Crazy Love
Release Date: October 9, 2009
Genre: Um....No clue.
How I Got It: Library
Sounds like: See Genre
Favorite song: A bunch.
I lied earlier. It is possible to feel down while listening to Crazy Love. It's possible to feel down, feel happy, feel like having fun....Crazy Love is one of those emotional rollercoaster CDs. I'm sure someone, somewhere, has said that this is the soundtrack to their life. It's THAT kind of CD.


From the intense entrance with "Cry Me A River" (and no, it's not the same as the Justin Timberlake song),  which starts out with some crazy dramatic instrumentals and leads into Buble sounding just as dramatic as the beginning instrumentals, to the final mellower romantic declaration dubbed, "Whatever it Takes", this CD is a romantic and emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. It's the kind of music that really makes me feel.... which I haven't been able to find lately.


 "All of Me", "Crazy Love", "All I Do is Dream of You", and "Baby You've Got What it takes" are the love songs on the CD. "Cry Me A River" is a dramatic number about a girl who wants a guy back, and the guy saying suck it. Much nicer. Everything about this song screams drama, the lyrics, the instrumentals, Buble's voice.... This song makes me want to dance, and sing, and conduct an orchestra all at once. "Just Haven't Met You Yet" was the first song I heard on the CD, and one of my top favorites. I'd describe it to you, but  just listen instead. "Georgia on My Mind" and "Stardust" are my least favorites. "Stardust is just....yeah. But don't let me stop you from checking it out yourself. "Whatever it Takes"is a softer song that you just want to dim the lights and dance to.


To wrap up, this CD is emotionally provocative, enticing you to love, dance, and cry. This collection of works will have you swaying til the end, regardless of how it makes you feel. Go download "Just Haven't Met You Yet" or "Hold On", or damnit just the whole CD. Or all of his CDs...



~Jamie

No comments: