Thursday, November 17, 2011

Avril Lavigne-Goodbye Lullaby Review

Artist: Avril Lavigne
CD title: Goodbye Lullaby
Release Date: March 2, 2011
Genre: Rock, Pop, Soft Rock
How I Got It: Library
Sounds like: The Veronicas, P!nk

Favorite song: Wish You Were Here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This CD was, by far, no Let Go, which is my favorite by Lavigne. It's definitely not her usual. The music sounds much more like Under My Skin then Best Damn Thing was. The sound was much more old Avril, excluding "Smile" and "What the Hell". I try not to criticize artists too much for changing their sound, I mean, musics all about changing and morphing into something new, right? I just wish she were going in a different direction... It's almost like she's becoming a pop princess sell-out, but if that's what she wants to be, I won't judge.

We start out with an intro song, "Black Star". Sweet piano and even sweeter lyrics morph this song into a great start to a pop-rock CD. "What the Hell" and "Alice" are the only tracks on the CD not about a relationship. So if you're looking for a good end of relationship CD, this one's good one. "Not Enough", "Everybody Hurts", "Wish You Were Here", "Remember When" and "Goodbye" are all about break-ups and leaving and love dying. "What the Hell" is about just saying screw it all and having fun. "Push" is about a relationship that is dying, but deserves to live. It just needs time. "And you know when push comes to shove/It's gonna take the both of us/Baby this is love." "I Love You" is the sweetest song on there. "You're so beautiful/But that's not why I love you/ I'm not sure you know/ That the reason I love you is you". This is the song I'd recommend you go download. The CD is finished with "Alice", Lavigne's contribution to the latest Alice in Wonderland movie's soundtrack.

I'm not quite sure if this CD is supposed to be a break-up CD, or a let's fix our relationship CD.... It's definitely a relationship CD, regardless of the relationship's position. If you're in love, going through a hard time in your relationship, or just looking for some good modern love songs, definitely check out this CD. Fans of Lavigne will be pleased to hear it's much more like Let Go then Best Damn Thing.

I'm going to leave you with two music videos this time. Enjoy :)

"I Love You" should've been a single...

~Jamie

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

What's with the dress? She looks like she should be on a YA book cover...